Math Writing

Math Writing

Students explaining their thinking and being able to write about how they solved a math problem is an important skill that students should be able to do. This can be hard for students. It requires a lot of modeling from the teacher and practice for the students. I like to have a math writing station in the classroom that students go to during math work stations. I would require that students do math writing as a work station daily. 

I created a math writing resource that I used with my third graders. It consists of a variety of third grade skills that students had to answer the problems writing out their thinking. The resource comes with multiple ways that you can use the math writing problems. It also includes a cover for math writing folders. 

Click the link to check this product out!






No comments

Back to Top